Our History
|
The story of Prince of Peace is the story of God keeping His promises to His people. Pouring out His blessings, through His Word, through Holy Baptism and through the Lord’s Supper, God has been faithful to the people at Prince of Peace. Our mission and purpose, therefore, is grounded in Christ’s Great Command to love one another and in His Great Commission to make disciples of all people. The origin of Prince of Peace begins with the establishment of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in New Sewickley Township in 1849 and Trinity Lutheran Church in Freedom in 1869. Over the years, these two churches often shared a pastor and officially merged in 1973. Pastor Preston Wagner guided the merger and new facilities were constructed on four acres of ground generously donated by John and Margaret Rombold.
|